Dog Events and News at AZ Dog Sports
Sign up here to let us keep you informed of dog events and happenings in our area!
Veteran’s Day Workshop!!
We are now booking our Veteran’s Workshop for Friday evening, December 6th from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Are you in need of a working dog for greater independence and support in your daily life, but aren’t sure how or where to get started?
Let us help you! We are holding this workshop just for you! We want to help veterans explore the many avenues to achieve the goal of having your own working canine companion.
The American with Disabilities Act allows any person to train their own service animal, but this usually requires the help of a professional trainer. The professionally led classes at AZ Dog Sports focus on the skills your dog will need to help you lead a more secure and confident life. Veterans with PTSD, mobility issues, and diabetes can all benefit from the therapeutic relationship with a working dog that has public access skills.
We are a training facility in North Phoenix with multiple locations and experienced, certified dog trainers.
We have been a leader in the dog training community in the Valley since 2006. We train all types of Service Dogs:
- Emotional support dogs
- Diabetic Alert dogs
- PTSD support dogs
- Mobility Assistance dogs
- Therapy dogs
- Facility dogs
- Companion pets for those needing a dog now
No wait list, no raffles, or high price tags. We empower vets to pick a great dog from rescue or we help you pick an appropriate puppy or adult dog. From there we help you train your own dog.
Join us on Friday December 6th at 5:30 to find out what your next step is. Let us help you get started on your way to a life of independence!
Guest speakers: Annette Hill, Jaymie Cardin, Monika Walec
Mitch Garcia & David Campbell will also be there speaking on behalf of Vets.
Mitch will share his experience with his service dog, Abby and how she changed his life.
And David will share his experiences in Kuwait and how he found hope in dealing with PTSD.
$39 per person to attend
Each Veteran may bring a guest or family member at no extra charge.
Call us to register 602-237-6775
Annette T. Hill
MC, LPC, NCC, EMDR Certified Therapist
• Former Clinical Director for Warriors Heart and program author, a one of a kind residential treatment center in Bandera, Texas centered on Veterans and First Responders struggling with Substance Use, PTSD, Grief/Loss and Moral Injury.
• More than ten years of experience working as a dual diagnosis therapist in residential treatment settings, including The Meadows, and eight years with The Sundance Center.
• Professional trainings and national interviews, television, radio and print on PTSD as well issues veterans and first responders face. Authored and coauthored articles in Police One and JEMS Magazine. Numerous lectures and workshops include presentations to VetXpo 2019 and 2020, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, Arizona Coalition for Military Families, Phoenix Fire and Police.
• Annette treats patients with a variety of diagnoses, she specializes in the treatment of trauma.
• Served for five years as Lead Volunteer Therapist and Board Member for a 30-year-old non-profit program called Operation Freedom Bird Operation Freedom Bird takes Arizona combat vets from all wars to Washington, D.C. on a four-day Healing Journey each year over the Veterans Day holiday.
• Presented with the 2016 Gratitude for Giving “Hope Award” recognizing a professional who has served as and advocate to prevention and education.
• Personal note, Annette is also a Gold Star Mother. Her son, Adam Hill Gibson, served two tours in Iraq. He passed way as a result of symptoms of PTSD in 2009. His image is part of the Mission 22 “War at Home Memorial,” touring the U.S. aimed at bringing greater awareness to the epidemic of veteran suicide. She now hosts the annual Arizona Gold Star Family BBQ, along with the military’s Survivors Outreach Service and Helping Hands for Freedom, to honor and never forget the families and those to have served so that we may be free.
Read more about Jaymie Cardin here.
Read more about Monika Walec here.
Our last Yappy Hour at Breadcrafters Bakery & Cafe was a complete success!
We hope you can join us for the fun next time!